Data Protection Declaration
Data Protection Policy
Careful, conscientious and legally compliant handling of your personal data and protection of that data are extremely important to us.
Below we explain to you how we collect personal data when you use our website.
Section 1 information on the collection of personal data
(1) Personal data is any data that relates personally to you, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The data controller pursuant to Art. 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Media Carrier GmbH
80939 Munich, Germany
Authorised representatives and managing directors:
Dr. Holger Bingmann, Philipp J. Jacke
Court of registration: Munich, HRB 194121
VAT reg. no.: DE 279651768
Telephone: +49 89 32471 47 00
Fax: +49 89 32471 66 4264
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our postal address, with “Data Protection Officer” as the addressee.
(3) We require a legal basis for collecting and processing your personal data. Below we inform you of the relevant legal basis for the data processing concerned. A legal basis for data processing may also be your voluntary consent to the data processing concerned.
(4) When you contact us by email or via the contact form on our website, the data provided by you (e.g. email address, name, and possibly telephone number, content, etc.) is saved and processed so that we can answer your questions. We need to know your email address so that we can respond to your query.
Data processing for the purposes of making contact with us is carried out on the basis of Art. 6 (1) subparagraph 1 a) GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent.
We erase the information collected in this context once storage is no longer necessary because, for example, your query has been answered, or we restrict its processing if statutory retention obligations apply.
(5) A service provider provides the hosting and presentation services for the website within the framework of commissioned data processing on our behalf. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) subparagraph 1 f) GDPR. Our legitimate interests are the accessibility and correct presentation of our website. All data which is collected in the context of the use of the website as described below is processed on its servers. Processing on other servers takes place only in the context explained here.
That service provider is located in a country of the European Union or the European Economic Area.
Section 2 Collection and processing of personal data when you visit our website
(1) When you use our website for purely information purposes, we collect only the personal data that your browser sends to our server. That information is stored temporarily in a so-called log file. When you want to view our website, we collect the following data:
• IP address
• Date and time of the query
• Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
• Content of the request (specific page)
• Access status/HTTP status code
• Data volume transferred
• Website from which the request comes
• Operating system and its interface
• Language and version of the browser software
The data specified is processed by us for the following purposes:
• Ensuring that a connection to the website is established without any problems
• Ensuring convenient use of our website
• Evaluation of system security and stability
• Other administrative purposes
The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 (1) subparagraph 1 f) GDPR. Our legitimate interests are based on the data processing purposes listed above. The aforementioned data is erased at the latest seven days from the end of your visit to the site.
(2) We use so-called cookies on various pages to make visiting our website user-friendly, to facilitate the use of certain functions, to display products that meet your needs and for market research. Cookies are small text files that are automatically stored on your end device.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the extent and function of which is explained below:
• Transient cookies
• Persistent cookies
b) Transient cookies are erased automatically when you close your browser. They include, in particular, session cookies, which save a so-called session ID by means of which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This makes it possible to recognise your computer if you return to our website. The session cookies are erased when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are erased automatically after a specified period, which can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you wish and, for example, reject third-party cookies or all cookies. However, please note that if you do so you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
e) You will find the storage period in the overview of cookie settings in your web browser.
The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 (1) subparagraph 1 f) GDPR. Our legitimate interests are based on the above-mentioned purposes (increasing user-friendliness, etc.).
Section 3 Email marketing with subscription to the newsletter
(1) If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will regularly inform you about attractive offers by email. Subscription is voluntary.
(2) The only mandatory information for sending out the newsletter is your email address. We store your email address for the purpose of distribution of the newsletter. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) subparagraph 1 a) GDPR.
(3) In addition, we store the IP addresses you use and the times at which you subscribe and confirm your subscription. The purpose of the process is to enable us to provide proof that you have subscribed and clarify any potential misuse of your personal data. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) subparagraph 1 f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is based on the purposes mentioned above.
(4) We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for subscription to our newsletter. This means that, following your subscription, we send an email to the email address you specify, in which we ask you for confirmation that you wish to receive the newsletter.
(5) You can revoke your consent to receive the newsletter at any time and thereby cancel your subscription to it. Your subscription can be cancelled either by sending a message to the contact address given above, by clicking on the link provided in the newsletter or by email to support@media-carrier.
(6) Following cancellation, we shall erase your email address, unless you have given your consent to its further use or we reserve the right to make further use of it in a way that is permitted by law and about which we inform you in this policy.
Section 4 Integration of Google Maps
(1) We may make use of the service offered by Google Maps on this website. We can thus display interactive maps to you directly on the website and make the map function easy and convenient to use.
(2) When you visit the website, Google is notified that you have accessed the relevant subpage of our website. The data specified in Section 2 of this policy is also transferred. This takes place irrespective of whether Google provides a user account through which you are logged in or if no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be directly ascribed to your account. If you do not want Google to link the data with your profile, you must log out before you click the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or customised design of its website. Evaluation of this sort is carried out in particular (and even for users who are not logged in) to provide customised marketing and inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles; you must contact Google to exercise that right.
(3) The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 (1) subparagraph 1 f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest lies in improving what our website offers by providing an interactive map function.
(4) Further information on the purpose and extent of data collection and processing by Google can be found here: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Section 5 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights with respect to us as far as the personal data relating to you is concerned:
• Right to information (Art. 15 GDPR)
• Right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR)
• Right to erasure (Art. 17 GDPR)
• Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR)
• Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR)
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data (Art. 77 GDPR).
(3) You may withdraw the consent to processing of your data that you have given to us at any time (legal basis: Art. 6 (1) subparagraph 1 a) GDPR). The consequence of this is that we will stop the data processing based on that consent with effect from that point forward. The legality of the data processing carried out on the basis of the consent up to the point of its withdrawal remains unaffected.
(4) Right to object to processing (Art. 21 GDPR)
Right to object
a) You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of personal data concerning you which is based on Article 6 (1) f) GDPR (data collection to pursue a legitimate interest); this also applies to profiling based on those provisions. The consequence of your objection is that we will no longer process that personal data unless we are able to demonstrate compelling grounds for processing that are worthy of protection and override your interests, rights and freedoms, or processing serves to establish, exercise of defend against legal claims.
b) If we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to such processing; this includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. The existence of a particular situation as referred to in item a) is thus not necessary for an effective objection to direct marketing. If you object to processing for purposes of direct marketing, we will no longer process your personal data for those purposes.
Media Carrier GmbH, 25.05.2018