Data protection declaration
The careful, conscientious and legally compliant handling of your personal data and their protection are of great importance to us.
In the following we will inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website.
§1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Personal data is any data that relates personally to you, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(2) Data controller per Art. 4 para. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Media Carrier GmbH
80939 München, Germany
Managing directors: Philipp J. Jacke
Register court: Munich HRB 194121
VAT ID No.: DE 279651768
Telephone +49 89 32471 47 00
Fax +49 89 32471 66 4264
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or using our contact form on our website, the data you provide (e.g. e-mail address, name and possibly telephone number, content, etc.) will be saved by us and processed to answer your questions. It is necessary to provide your email address so that we can answer your request. The data processing for the purpose of contacting us takes place in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily given consent. We delete the data that arises in this context after it is no longer required to be stored, for example because your request has been answered, or we limit processing if there are statutory retention requirements.
(4) As part of data processing on our behalf, a third-party provider provides us with the services for hosting and displaying the website. The legal basis for this is Article 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. f of the GDPR. Our legitimate interests are the accessibility and correct presentation of our website. All data that is collected as described below when using this website is processed on its servers. Processing on other servers only takes place in the framework described here. This service provider is located within a country of the European Union or the European Economic Area.
§ 2 Collection and processing of personal data when you visit our website
(1) When using our website for purely informational purposes, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. This information is saved temporarily in a “logfile”. If you want to view our website, we collect the following data:
- IP address
- Date and time of request
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Request status/HTTP status code
- The amount of data transmitted
- Website from which the request came
- Operating system and device
- The language and version of the browser software
We will process the data stated for the following purposes:
• Ensuring a smooth connection to the website,
• Ensuring comfortable use of our website,
• Evaluation of system security and stability as well as
• For further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 (1) subparagraph 1 f) GDPR. Our legitimate interests are based on the data processing purposes listed above. The aforementioned data is erased at the latest seven days from the end of your visit to the site.
(2) In order to make visiting our website user-friendly and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called cookies on various pages. Cookies are small text files which are automatically stored on your end device.
Use of technically necessary cookies:
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
• Transient Cookies
• Persistent Cookies.
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These especially include session cookies. These store a so-called session ID with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This means that your computer can be recognised when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings as desired and refuse to accept third-party or any cookies. We would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
e) You can see the duration of storage in the overview in the cookie settings of your web browser.
§ 3 Email advertising with newsletter registration
(1) If you register for our newsletter, we will inform you regularly by email about interesting offers. Registration is voluntary.
(2) The only required information for sending the newsletter is your email address. We save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 S.1 lit. a GDPR.
(3) In addition, we will store your IP address and the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to be able to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify a possible misuse of your personal data. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. f of the GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the aforementioned purposes.
(4) To subscribe to our newsletter, we use the so-called double opt-in procedure. This means that after you have registered, we will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address you have given, in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter.
(6) After unsubscribing, we will delete your e-mail address unless you have consented to further use or we reserve the right to continue using it, which is permitted by law and about which we will inform you in this declaration.
(7) The newsletter is processed on our behalf by a service provider (MailChimp: The Rocket Science Group LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, Georgia 30308), to which we will pass on your e-mail address. This service provider is based in the USA. The data transfer to this company takes place in accordance with the GDPR because standard data protection clauses acc. Art. 46 para. 2 lit. c) GDPR apply, which you can access here (https://mailchimp.com/legal/data-processing-addendum).
(1) Insofar as you have given your consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR, we use the following cookies and technologies from Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland ("Google") on our website. After the purpose and end of the use of the respective technology by us, the data collected in this context will be deleted. You may revoke this consent at any time with future effect. Please use the contact details shown under § 1.
(2) The information automatically collected by Google technologies about your use of our website is usually transferred to a server of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA and stored there. There is no adequacy decision by the European Commission for the USA. Our cooperation is based on standard data protection clauses of the European Commission. If your IP address is collected using Google technologies, it will be shortened by activating IP anonymization before it is saved on Google's servers. The full IP address is only transmitted to a Google server and shortened there in exceptional cases. Unless otherwise specified for the individual technology, the data processing takes place on the basis of an agreement concluded for the respective technology between jointly responsible persons in accordance with Art. 26 GDPR. You can find more information about data processing by Google in Google's data protection information (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de).
(3) Google Analytics
For the purpose of website analysis, Google Analytics data (IP address, time of visit, device and browser information as well as information about your use of our website) are automatically collected and stored, from which usage profiles are created using pseudonyms. Cookies can be used for this purpose. Your IP address is generally not merged with other Google data. The data processing takes place on the basis of an agreement on order processing by Google.
(4) Google Maps
For the visual representation of geographic information, Google Maps collects data about your use of the Maps functions, in particular the IP address and location data, transmits it to Google and then processes it by Google. We have no influence on this subsequent data processing.
§ 5 Cookiebot
(1) On our website we use software from Cybot A / S, Havnegade 39, 1058 Copenhagen, Denmark called "Cookiebot" to inform you about cookies and other technologies that we use on our website, as well as your consent, if necessary to obtain, manage and document the processing of your personal data through these technologies. This is according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR to fulfil our legal obligation according to Art. 7 para. 1 GDPR which is required in order to be able to prove your consent to the processing of your personal data.
(2) After submitting your cookie declaration on our website, the Cookiebot server saves your anonymized IP address, the date and time of your declaration, browser information, the URL from which the declaration was sent, information about your consent behaviour and an anonymous random key. In addition, a cookie is used that contains the information on consent behaviour and the key. Your data will be deleted after twelve months, unless you have expressly requested further use of your data in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR or we reserve the right to use data beyond this that is permitted by law and about which we will inform you in this declaration.
§6 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights towards us with regard to your personal data:
• Right of information (Article 15 GDPR),
• Right of rectification (Article 16 GDPR),
• Right of deletion (Article 17 GDPR),
• Right to have the processing restricted (Article 18 GDPR),
• Right of data portability (Article 20 GDPR),
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us if you are of the opinion that the processing of your personal data violates this regulation (Art. 77 GDPR), A data protection supervisory authority responsible for you is among others:
Bavarian State Office for Data Protection Supervision
Postfach 1349, 91504 Ansbach, Germany
(3) You are allowed to give your consent to data processing (legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR) at any time to us. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future. The legality of the data processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation remains affected. Please send your revocation to the contact details mentioned under § 1.
(4) Right to object to the processing of your data pursuant to Article 21 GDPR)
Right to object
a) You have the right, for reasons that arise from your particular situation, to object at any time to the processing of personal data relating to you, which is based on Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR (data collection to safeguard a legitimate interest); this also applies to profiling based on these provisions. The objection means that we no longer process this personal data, unless we can prove compelling legitimate reasons for the processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims .
b) If we process your personal data in order to operate direct mail, you have the right to object to this processing at any time; this also applies to profiling insofar as it is associated with such direct advertising. The existence of a special situation, as in a), is therefore not necessary for an effective objection to direct mail. If you object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process your personal data for these purposes.
not necessary for an effective objection to direct mail. If you object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process your personal data for these purposes.
Media Carrier GmbH, 07.09.2020